Back groundUCCCU is a farmers’ organization whose main objective is to promote dairy farmers, coordinate their activities and work out programmes to improve dairy farming milk marketing and processing within the region and collaborate with other stakeholders in the dairy sector in Uganda1. Fleet Operations Officer (FOO) 1Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in business studies with strong knowledge in marketing, logistics management, from a reputable institution. Proficiency in computer applications of word, excel and internet.Main tasks:
- Provide leadership and coordination to the fleet team including the assistant fleet operations officer, quality control officer and the truck drivers
- Set financial targets on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets with the UCCCU General Manager
- Organise work towards ensuring that the financial targets are met and exceeded
- Allocate trucks to routes that will ensure maximum returns for UCCCU
- Maintain a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each truck, maintenance equipment gasoline, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Ensure that the fleet is occupied with transportation business at all the times
- Coordinate both internal and external stakeholders for UCCCU in regard to collection and transportation of raw milk.
Experience: Proven commercial fleet management experience is strongly desirable. Should be business oriented, able to meet financial targets set by the management, should be in position to interpret the fleet business plan and advise the General manager.Should be trustworthy and with skills in negotiating business for the fleet.Age :30-40 years2. Assistant Fleet Operations Officer (SFOO) 1Main tasks
- Assist the Fleet the Operations Officer in general management of the fleet business.
- Ensure that data is arranged and entered into UCCCU business system on everyday basis
- Liaise with the drivers in the field and quality control officer on the volumes transported, including the routes of the vehicles.
- Ensure that the needs and challenges of the drivers are complied and reported for discussion.
- Ensure that fuel is accounted for and including the securitizing of payment vouchers, invoices
- Provide everyday briefing on the business performance to the office of the fleet operations officer and General Manager
Minimum Qualifications: Diploma in finance and accounts.Experience: computer literacy is a must especially spread sheets, Ms Word and Internet with knowledge of accounting soft ware e.g quick books.Age 27-35 years.Qualified female are encouraged to apply3. Administration and Communication Officer. The officer will be attached to the office of the General Manager.Tasks
- Ensure that UCCCU offices are well facilitated
- Coordinate all the office activities to ensure that records and files are well kept in a professional manner.
- Ensure that incoming and out going calls are well monitored.
- Supervise the support staff to ensure that there is general cleanliness in UCCCU offices, vehicles, motorcycles and other property.
- Work hand in hand with the M and E office to ensure that all project reports are submitted on time.
- Responds to UCCCU membership challenges and requests
- Make requisition for logistical support for meetings especially the BoD, General Manager, and stakeholders’ meetings.
- Assist the GM in taking minutes during the development partner meetings and stake holders meetings
- Coordinate the publication UCCCU Dairy Year Book (DYB).
- Ensure that the UCCCU website is updated at all times.
- Ensure effective communication on behalf of UCCCU on social media.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors of business administration/ degree Information sciences/ degree in mass communicationExperience: Experience in managing front desk office, publication, report writing and good command of English language.Age: 30 -40 years.Qualified females are encouraged to apply.Applications should reach the office of Human Resource Manager not later than 25th /November/2016If you suit the above indicated qualifications please send your application to the Human Resource Officer through above address or email; firstname.lastname@example.orgOnly qualified candidates will be invited for interviews. Phones calls to management are not acceptable.Please get more information from our website. www.ucccu.or.ug